Muhammad is a doctoral aspirant in ecology and evolutionary biology mentored by A. Townsend Peterson and Rob Moyle.
Research Interests: Population divergence and speciation of forest birds, geographical isolation, mostly in Sumatra Island, Indonesia
- M.Sc. in natural resource management from Andalas University, Indonesia, 2007
B.Sc. in animal taxonomy and ornithology from Andalas University, Indonesia, 2003
- 2010-2011. Small-scale Research Grant Programme. Year II. Nagao Natural Environment Foundation Japan. Ecology of Avian Community in Singgalang Mountain, West Sumatra, Indonesia.
- 2010-2011. Future Conservationists Award from Conservation Leadership Program (CLP) UK. Facilitating Avian Conservation in Post-logging Lowland Rainforest of Sumatra, Indonesia.
- 2009-2010. Small-scale Research Grant Programme. Year I. Nagao Natural Environment Foundation Japan. Ecology of Avian Community in Singgalang Mountain, West Sumatra, Indonesia.
- 2009. Indonesia Educational Office Research Grant, Department of Education and Cultural of Republic of Indonesia. Ecology and Biodiversity of Mountainous Birds in Sumatra.
- 2008. IdeaWild, USA. Digiscoping Equipments for Birdwatching Activity.
- 2006. HEDS Small Grant. Utilization of artificial nestbox as a conservation effort of avifauna biodiversity in the area of Andalas University Grand Forest.
- 2005. HEDS Small Grant. Morphology of Alcedo meninting (Alcedinidae) in Andalas University Grand Forest.
- 2005-2007. Ford Foundation Fellowship.
Janra, M.N., W. Novarino, D. Gusman and Aadrean. 2010. The study on montane birds in two mountains of West Sumatra. Poster presented in the 2010 International Meeting of the Association for the Tropical Biology and Conservation. Bali, Indonesia, July.