Welcome! Explore the life of the planet at the KU Natural History Museum with four floors of fascinating exhibits, from minute microbes to our 45-foot-long mosasaur, the famous Panorama and much more. We are open Tuesday through Saturday, 1pm - 5pm. While there is no cost, reservations are required. Please also note our updated Safety Protocols. Questions? Get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 785-864-4450.
BEFORE YOU VISIT
The museum is open Tuesday - Saturday, 1pm - 5pm. Book your reservation online anytime.
BOOK YOUR VISIT
Visit our booking calendar, click on the day you'd like to come and choose a time to visit for up to seven people in your group. You'll be sent a confirmation email and tickets.
Questions? Contact Visitor Services with any questions at email@example.com or call 785-864-4450.
We are requiring reservations to safely limit the capacity of our galleries. Advanced reservations are strongly encouraged. If you visit the museum without a reservation, our staff will assist you in making a reservation for the next available admission time. We cannot guarantee admission will be the same day. Reservations can be made up to one month in advance.
Admission to the KU Natural History Museum is free, but upon reservation checkout, visitors will have the opportunity to make a donation to support our museum operations. Our suggested contribution is $7 for adults and $4 for children.
Confirmation of your reservation and your admission tickets will be emailed to you, or they can be picked up at our Visitor Services Desk upon entry. If you do not receive a confirmation, please check your 'spam' email folder. You can also call us at 785-864-4450.
If you are unable to visit the day of your reservation, please contact Visitor Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 785-864-4450 to cancel. This will allow us to offer your time slot to other patrons. Thank you.
DAY OF YOUR VISIT
Before leaving home, please:
1 - Check yourself for symptoms of COVID-19
2 - Bring your face masks
3 - Bring confirmation of your reservation
Parking for museum visitors is avialable in the Mississippi Street parking garage at 1218 Mississippi St.. An hourly charge applies. Visit our Parking Information page for details. Several Lawrence buses stop at the KU Memorial Union, next door to the museum.
Please use the accessible entrance, located north of the main entrance. The museum's main entrance is closed at this time. Please arrive by your scheduled time.
All members of the KU community, including visitors must follow these health requirements while on campus.
COVID-19 SAFETY PROTOCOLS
- All visitors over the age of 2 must wear a face mask covering their nose and mouth at all times. KU policy requires masks be worn on campus both indoors and outdoors.
- Visitors should maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between themselves and other parties.
- Visitors are encouraged to utilize hand sanitizer stations distributed throughout galleries.
- Upon arrival, visitors will be asked to complete a self-health assessment. If you are not well, please visit another day.
- The passenger elevator is limited to one person or one household group at a time.
- Food and drink are not permitted in the museum.
- Frequently touched surfaces are regularly sanitized by staff.