Directions & Parking
We are located at 1345 Jayhawk Boulevard on the KU Lawrence campus, next to the Kansas Union. You may download a KU Parking Map (PDF) which indicates multiple locations. The free KU and Lawrence buses stop at the KU Memorial Union, right next to the museum. We also have a bike rack available in front of the museum.
The KU Parking Garage
Parking in the KU Visitor Parking Garage is $1.75 for the first hour and $1.50 per hour thereafter. Patrons must prepay for parking, much like you would with a parking meter, by using one of the kiosks located in the parking garage stairwell. Failure to pre-pay for the length of time you will be parked in the garage will result in a ticket being issued.
- Pull slowly into the garage from the north entrance to Jayhawk Boulevard, or via Mississippi Street and find a place to park.
- Take a picture of your license plate, or write your plate information down, and proceed to the pay station within 15 minutes of entering the garage to pre-pay for parking.
- Pay stations can be found in the southwest stair tower on levels 1, 4, and 5.
- Payment can be made at pay stations with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover card or with cash. Pay stations are unable to give change, so be sure to have exact change if paying cash.
Another option is to pre-pay for your parking time using the ParkMobile app. If you have the app, you can pay for parking by choosing Mississippi Street Parking Garage: Zone 3930.
Bus Unloading & Parking
School and other group buses visiting the museum may unload in front of the museum. Buses may park at the football stadium, Lot #94. View the KU Campus Parking Map (pdf)
There are several options for accessible parking on the KU Lawrence campus. Learn more about parking at KU.
- Stop at a traffic booth entering Jayhawk Boulevard or come to the KU Parking office to purchase a permit. If you present your ADA wallet ID or registration and your driver’s license, you can purchase a half day permit ($1.50) or a full day permit ($3.00) to park in any color lot, housing lot or parking garage.
- Request a free visitor registration pass that will allow you to park only at meters without paying the meter fee. Visit the KU Parking office to purchase.
- Pay the hourly toll in a parking garage ($1.75 for the first hour, $1.50 for each subsequent hour).
Once you're at the museum, use our 3rd floor accessible entrance on the north side of the museum. Once inside, the elevator will be on your left. Take the elevator up to the 4th floor, where you'll find visitor services.